Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems with bridge mode in AOS 6.4.2.4

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Problems with bridge mode in AOS 6.4.2.4

Posted Mar 25, 2015 06:34 PM

Hi everybody

We have a 3600 controller which has both CAPs and RAPs, for RAPs we have 2 SSIDs on bridge mode with different VLANs. DHCP is provided by an external DHCP server and the relay is the core switch.

We have a problem that some of the APs at any moment just stop receiving DHCP and thus providing service, we have checked the DHCP server and it's not full and continues to give IPs in other APs but the ones with the problem can't function, not even with a static IP on the client, it's like they cannot reach the VLAN.

We have validated is not the switches were the APs are plugged in, they all have the VLANs properly tagged and are even in different datacenters. The only solution to this problem is to reboot the APs and everything starts working again, nonetheless we cannot do this forever.

Any ideas what can be happening or if there is a bug in AOS 6.4.2.4?

• 2.  RE: Problems with bridge mode in AOS 6.4.2.4

Posted Mar 25, 2015 08:11 PM

I recommend you upgrade to AOS 6.4.2.5 there's a lot of bridge mode related fixes 

• 3.  RE: Problems with bridge mode in AOS 6.4.2.4

Posted Mar 25, 2015 08:40 PM

Hi, thanks for your reply

I checked the release notes for that version as you suggested and I found this:

Issue.png

Which basically means I'm in big trouble because the first one is exactly what's happening and there is no workaround....now, because this solution belongs to a very delicate client of ours, we must present a solution ASAP; I can only think in downgrade but I don't know which 6.4 version to use because we have had very bad experiences with almost all those versions for one thing or another.

What do you suggest? (I can't go back to 6.3.1.5 because of AP-205).

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Problems with bridge mode in AOS 6.4.2.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2015 08:42 PM
    You should open a TAC case ASAP then.

It's important to take a look at release notes before you upgrade.

• 5.  RE: Problems with bridge mode in AOS 6.4.2.4

Posted Mar 26, 2015 10:13 AM

Hi

This issue appeared in 6.4.2.4 and only was stated in the release notes until now so I couldn't have know.

Which 6.4 version do you suggest for downgrade?

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: Problems with bridge mode in AOS 6.4.2.4

Posted Mar 25, 2015 10:12 PM
    Interesting situation , like cappalli said your best option at this point is to contact TAC