Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Propper way to clean controller DB

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Propper way to clean controller DB

Posted Jan 18, 2013 11:31 AM

Hi!

let's say I have one specific problematic AP which disconnects always after 10 seconds and this repeats forewer.

I;ve eliminated all other possibilities so only one remains - data stored in controller DB.

What is the propper way to clear this DB?

Assuming I have some RAP whaitelists so I can't just delete all.

Thanks,

V.D.

• 2.  RE: Propper way to clean controller DB

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2013 07:39 PM

What are you trying to accomplish, to remove the record of the access point?

• 3.  RE: Propper way to clean controller DB

Posted Jan 30, 2013 04:36 AM

OK, so I have controller with 300+ day uptime and problem with a specific AP of many.

I've eliminated all other possibilities and problem persists after restart of AP and a controller.

So naturally I suspect there is something stored in controler. But it is not in startup-config, because there are no AP-specific config data.

That leaves me with only one suspect - controler DB, where all the ARM/IDS/history data must be stored.

So how do I clear this DB? (for testing purposes).

Thanks,

V.D.

• 4.  RE: Propper way to clean controller DB

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 30, 2013 04:39 AM

Do you know where the problem access point is located?  Can you take it off the network as a test?

• 5.  RE: Propper way to clean controller DB

Posted Feb 12, 2013 05:30 AM

I would not think this is a database issue.

I think you need to ge the output of 'show ap tech-support <ap-name>' and see what the reboot reason is as reported under 'show ap system-status' and start the investigation from there.

if you do want to clear the entry from the controller the command is;

(Aruba650) #clear gap-db ap-name ?
    <ap-name>               AP name

This will remove the AP from 'show ap database' and from the monitor summary. (until the AP connects again)