Wireless Access

Contributor II

Propper way to clean controller DB

Hi!

let's say I have one specific problematic AP which disconnects always after 10 seconds and this repeats forewer.

I;ve eliminated all other possibilities so only one remains - data stored in controller DB.

What is the propper way to clear this DB?

Assuming I have some RAP whaitelists so I can't just delete all.

Thanks,

V.D.

Guru Elite

Re: Propper way to clean controller DB

What are you trying to accomplish, to remove the record of the access point?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

OK, so I have controller with 300+ day uptime and problem with a specific AP of many.

I've eliminated all other possibilities and problem persists after restart of AP and a controller.

So naturally I suspect there is something stored in controler. But it is not in startup-config, because there are no AP-specific config data.

That leaves me with only one suspect - controler DB, where all the ARM/IDS/history data must be stored.

So how do I clear this DB? (for testing purposes).

Thanks,

V.D.

Guru Elite

Do you know where the problem access point is located?  Can you take it off the network as a test?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

[ Edited ]

I would not think this is a database issue.

I think you need to ge the output of 'show ap tech-support <ap-name>' and see what the reboot reason is as reported under 'show ap system-status' and start the investigation from there.

if you do want to clear the entry from the controller the command is;

(Aruba650) #clear gap-db ap-name ?
<ap-name>               AP name

This will remove the AP from 'show ap database' and from the monitor summary. (until the AP connects again)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: