Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

Posted May 08, 2013 03:40 PM

I need some clarification on something....

I have a customer that has a handful of worldwide sites.   Some sites have controllers and some do not.  All sites are abiding by regulatory domains; with US and ROW controllers and proper regulatory domain profiles defined.   ArubaOS is 6.1.3.1.   The sites that have controllers seems to operate normally, but those that do not (the APs are bridging), seem to have issues contacting their controller when they are restarted or provisioned.  The following summarizes.

• The non-US AP boots
    • Finds the master controller through ADP (aruba-master.domain.com)...a controller in the US
    • Obtains its configuration from the controller (which has regulatory domain information tied to the AP Group)
    • AP remains connected to the master, and does not terminate ot the proper LMS
    • AP State:  Config Error  (through AP techsupport file)
    • AP Flags:  Dirty and Inactive
    • Controller logs report:  

<ERRS> |stm| AP XXX-AP3: No valid instances of required profile "ap regulatory-domain-profile"
      <ERRS> |stm| AP XXX-AP3: ap regulatory-domain-profile "BE-REG-DOM" is invalid.

If I setup DHCP options for the remote site to point to a controller that is not in the US, the AP boots, contacts the master discovery controller (ROW controller) and obtains its configuration just fine and then terminates on the proper controller.

So, my question....

When setting up ROW APs with Regulatory Domains set in their profiles, should the APs boot and function correctly if their master discovery brings them to a US controller; or do they have to find a ROW controller to operate properly?

• 2.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2013 06:02 PM

What access point and what regulatory domain?

• 3.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

Posted May 08, 2013 10:23 PM

@cjoseph

• AP-105s
    • BE (Belgium), and UK (Great Britain) are the ones that I know of at the moment. Other countries have local controllers and don't seem to realize the issue.

The behavior is consistent.  Support first thought it was HW related and RMA'd an AP; but it continued to happen.  After some troubleshooting with the regulatory domains and DHCP options at remote sites, we could get consistent connections.

• 4.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

Posted May 15, 2014 09:35 AM

Hi I am experiencing this exact problem in my company's UK location and am wondering how to resolve it.  There is a local 3200XM on site there but the Master is located in the US.  Please advise.

• 5.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2014 10:05 AM
    Were these devices IAPs at one time? Is there an ap-specific configuration for that AP?

• 6.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

Posted May 15, 2014 10:31 AM

Yes they were originally IAPs.  I'm unsure what you mean by AP-specific configuration for thhese APs,. but the AP group that they are assigned to has the AP REgulatory Domain set to a specific profile that specifies the Country Code as GB-United Kingdom.

• 7.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2014 10:38 AM
    Okay. There is a known issue with IAPs converted no accepting a different regulatory domain. Let me get back to you with the ETA of a fix.

• 8.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

Posted May 15, 2014 10:48 AM

Great Thanks!!

• 9.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 15, 2014 08:57 PM

It is fixed in 6.3.1.6.  Try upgrading to that to fix this issue.

• 10.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

Posted Aug 22, 2014 10:57 AM

I am running 6.3.1.7 and still having the regulatory mismatch after converting some IAPs.

Any suggestions?

• 11.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2014 11:20 AM

Please open a TAC case to find out what the issue is.

• 12.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

Posted Apr 16, 2015 02:45 PM

Please provide us with the progress of this problem

• 13.  RE: Provisioning Problem when Regulatory Domain is Configured

Posted Jan 16, 2019 12:17 PM

Had the same error today while installing APs for an US Controller with  the Master Controller in Germany. 

Got it to work with changing th default profile regulatory domain to US, than provisioning the APs to the US group and changing the default profile back to germany afterwards.