Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

QOS Over VPN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  QOS Over VPN

Posted Nov 17, 2011 02:14 PM

I am wondering how others are implementing QOS over their remote AP's in home office/small office.  We have a number of RAP2's deployed with wired phones.  I have a user role/policy created  for wired phones after they authenticate via MAC auth called VOIP_ONLY  that allows only UDP for VOIP.  The queueing is set to high for UDP traffic.  My issue is the Wireless clients connected to the RAP never get placed into that role.  They are in the authenticated role after 802.1x auth.  How do the two roles relate to each other as far as queueing and is there a better way to do this.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: QOS Over VPN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2011 03:32 PM

Do you have a mac authenticated profile attached to the same AAA profile?  If so, what is the default mac authentication role?

• 3.  RE: QOS Over VPN

Posted Nov 18, 2011 10:15 AM

The AAA profile used for the secure wireless connection does not have a mac-authentication profile defined.  The AP Wired Port profile has the mac-auth AAA profile defined.  Hope that makes sense.

• 4.  RE: QOS Over VPN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2011 10:55 AM

Okay.  Did you turn on debugging for that specific user to see what is happening?

config t

logging level debug user-debug <mac address of user>

After you connect the user, type:

show log user-debug 50

That will tell you what is happening to that user on the port.