Wireless Access

Contributor I

QoS on bridge mode.

Can you do qos when in bridge mode? Doesnt the pef need to examine each packet one by ine in which case this cant be one can it as the packets are physiclly going through the network drop? 

Also, if the switchport that the ap's are on have our normal lan qos on does it still gets the packets in tact marked by the clients (we do mak our voice packets with ef46 ) or does the encyption that is placed on wireless clients strip them?

MVP

Re: QoS on bridge mode.

Okay for the ap pon bridge mode  these are the recommendtions

Voice Support in Different Forwarding Modes

The recommended deployment options for voice are split-tunnel, decrypt-tunnel, or tunnel mode.

Bridge mode SSID is not a supported option because VoIP application-layer gateways (ALGs) are not

supported in bridge mode

List of features lost on Bridge mode

http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/DG_Mobility-Controllers-Deployment-Models-5.0-VRD.pdf

Page 41 and 42

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
MVP

Sorry  i didnt answer your question

I think you can dscp on the bridge mode AP as the firewall policies will be send to the AP on the bridge mode....(never tried it)

I try to fallow Aruba recommendations for everythig... and as far i read their recommendation for voice is not to put it on bridge mode,  for the reason i told up. .

Why you putting it on Bridge mode? is the PBX on the remote site?

Alternetworks Corp
Contributor I

So you dont think you will lose the markings coming from the client to the switchport ? 

Encryption wont strip?

We have in bridge mode so tat perfo ance is better and access to locsl respurces stys local. Our ap's can be in different countries to controller. Thanks again.

MVP

Is this a rap on bridge mode  or campus bridge mode?

Alternetworks Corp
Contributor I

Campus.

MVP

Well now i check on my testing controller i though you could set a DSCP value on the firewall rule whcih you cant.. you can set 802.1p value or a tos value....

The DSCP is used with the WMM as far i know but i cannot directly put it on the firewall rule... so now im not sure of it... lets wait someone else asnwer you that sorry.  Maybe Collin can help here!

Guess you could use wmm but then the client must support it  and configure it on the controller  and change the wmm value that is mapped by default on the vap... as by default for voice is 56(on decimal)

Cheers

Carlos 

Alternetworks Corp
Contributor I

mmm, but how does the pef work this if in bridge mode? This stil sounds like it is not possible.

Can anyone else help here please?

MVP

Well what i know is that the config of the pefng is downloaded to the AP and the AP can do features of hte pefng what i don tkow if that config or firewall is limited... on what it can download to the ap

Let wait what an Aruba Guru  says

Maybe he can enligh us both :)

Alternetworks Corp
Contributor I

Hope so:)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: