Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Question on OS 6.4

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Question on OS 6.4

Posted Jan 15, 2015 04:05 AM
    Hi, after prompt look on the OS 6.4.2.3 release note a point appears me to be clarified for me on mobility features, may you can help ? Is the TSPEC /TCLAS enforcement handled for the AP200 serie? This question raised due to the fact the handling of AP200 serie starts from the 6.4.1.0. thanks for your advice Olivier Mazenod - ALU -E France

• 2.  RE: Question on OS 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2015 06:11 AM

Can you please be more specific with your question?  What is your application of this feature?

• 3.  RE: Question on OS 6.4

Posted Jan 16, 2015 05:48 AM
    Hi Colin, I am checking here mobility features we use to support for some voice handsets like OT8128. TSPEC is one of the voice features on the phone and it is mandatory. Due to some migration to AOS 6.4 today, my question is to know if TSPEC mandatory is supported in 6.4. More details would interest me, are AP100 serie and AP200 series supporting the TSPEC mandatory ? my target for AOS is the 6.4.2.3 for upgrades thanks Olivier Mazenod ALU-E France

• 4.  RE: Question on OS 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2015 07:44 AM

mazenod,

Tspec is enforced within the Aruba controller, so the AP100 and the AP200 do support it.  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Voice_Video/QoS_for_Voice_and_Video.htm

• 5.  RE: Question on OS 6.4

Posted Jan 20, 2015 03:38 AM
    Hi Joseph, thanks for this extract for qos management with AOS 6.4. Plus adding the new AP205 on certain infrastructures some sites here want to define today some bandwitdhs for their voice flows, a possibility which cannot be not done with previous versions, dixit some administrators (AOS 5.0 or more). I am in doubt with this and don't really understand their missing if they are able to activate voip CAC through the ACM classification as it is specified here. to be doublechecked by my own. Last question, as I face some difficulties to boot from scratch with AP105 with the 6.4.2.2 (stay always on "writing 4"), where can I check into 6.4 versions the support of this AP model? Thanks again Olivier Mazenod - ALU-E France