Wireless Access

New Contributor

RADIUS - User + Computer authentication

Greeting,

I hope someone can help me with this.

I'm using RADIUS Server 2008 R2 with Aruba Controller. This part is all good and configured correctly.

My issue is with authentication. Currently I'm trying to use PEAP computer and user authentication with certificates or EAP-MSCHAP v2. All my clients have the required certs.

So for example if I configure a network policy with PEAP EAP-MSCHAP v2 the client can make the computer authentication but then it takes around 5 minutes to load the desktop (which is the time for the Group Policy timeout) and just after the timeout it does the user authentication.

So I don't get any of my mapped drives but once the desktop is loaded I can manually map them.

It seems it's not passing from machine authentication to user authentication after the user enter the credentials in the log in screen but only after the desktop is loaded.

Is there a smart way to do this? I have tried all sorts of combinations e.g. single sign-on, pre-authentication, etc..

Thank you

Felipe

Guru Elite

Re: RADIUS - User + Computer authentication

Fbinotto,

What role on the Aruba Controller does your device get when it authenticates using machine authentication?

What role does a device get when it authenticates using user authentication?

Make sure your role is an allowall role so that it is not blocking anything.  That is the main reason for slowdows while logging in: blocked traffic that is essential for group policy, etc.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: