Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

I have a RAP 109 at a branch office converted to funcion as a Remote Access Point over a DSL link connected to the controller at HQs and propagating our "Corporate" SSID. I would like to test automatic failover to an AT&T USB modem because I am having intermittant service issues but most of the documentation makes reference to this RAP configured as "Instant".

I tried working with the RAPs USB configuration on the controller but get an "unavailable" error when I click the USB link under "Controller > Access Points".

Is it possible to implement the funcionality I'm looking for? Thank you!

Aruba

Re: RAP 109 and USB Celular Modem

[ Edited ]

It depends on the settings needed for the ATT modem.  In the Configuration --> AP Installation for the RAP 109, there is a section for USB settings.  Have you tweaked those?  Depending on the settings, our support should be able to give you the right settings.

Screenshot 2014-10-03 15.18.08.png

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Occasional Contributor I

Yes, I saw that screen while the RAP was configured from the factory as "Instant". As soon as I convert it to Remote and it's becomes managed my controller at HQs, that portal is no logner available.

Aruba

No - it's there on the controller.  Take a look at the RAP under configuration --> AP installation. Click on Provision and you will see it 2/3rds the way down the screen

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Occasional Contributor I

Thank you Seth, I was looking on the wrong page of the GUI. So the only modems supported are these (attached)?

If you can provide a link to an KB which addresses tmodem configuration settings and testing, that would be great!

Occasional Contributor I

Seth, please let me know if I need to adquire one of the modems shown in the drop down box or if I can use what's currently available from my provider.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: