Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-2 Invalid Intermediate Cert

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-2 Invalid Intermediate Cert

Posted Nov 03, 2017 11:22 AM

I have a mobility controller running 6.3.1.23.  The customer has some RAP2 units that are working on this controller that they use on a semi regular basis.  I have one "new" RAP-2 that has never connected to the controller.  When i try to connect the RAP-2 to the contorller it fails at Master Connectivity saying "RC_ERROR_INVLAID_INTERMEDIATE_CERT".  I know the controllers have had certificate problems in the past.  Is there a way to get this RAP to connect since the other ones are working?

• 2.  RE: RAP-2 Invalid Intermediate Cert
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2017 11:47 AM

It is possible that the AP's zero-touch firmware is too old to connect to the controller via RAP.  It might need an upgrade before it can do that.

Here is what I would do:

- Connect the AP to the same subnet as the master controller and try to allow it to connect to the controller as a CAP (hopefully there is dhcp on that subnet).

- When the AP comes up reprovision it as a RAP through the GUI pointing to the public address of the controller.

• 3.  RE: RAP-2 Invalid Intermediate Cert

Posted Nov 03, 2017 12:04 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  Will setting up a CAP work for a RAP-2WGN?  I know their firmware is way different than any of the other RAP units.  It does not have the ability to be an instant AP, only a RAP unit with that webpage that you have to provison it to the controller.

• 4.  RE: RAP-2 Invalid Intermediate Cert

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2017 12:12 PM

If you boot up a RAP2 on the same subnet of the controller it should join it as a CAP in a few minutes.  It should download the latest image and then you would want to provision it from the controller as a RAP. 

• 5.  RE: RAP-2 Invalid Intermediate Cert

Posted Nov 07, 2017 02:13 PM

I was able to get the RAP2 to show up on the controller, but when i go to do the AP Installation, i can not get it to come back online.  What options would i need to set?  I have never had to provision a RAP2 this way, i have always used the Zero-Touch.  Should i be able to just set:

- AP Group

- Remote AP to Yes

- Remote AP Authentcaiton Method to Certificate

- Master Switch IP Address to Public IP

Is that the correct setup?

thank you.

• 6.  RE: RAP-2 Invalid Intermediate Cert

Posted Nov 07, 2017 02:47 PM

I finally got it to work.  Had to set the Host switch name to aruba-master and then the master switch ip to the public ip.  worked like a charm after that.  Thank you for your help!