Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-2 disable from detecting rogue etc

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-2 disable from detecting rogue etc

Posted Feb 21, 2013 08:26 AM

I'm sure the answer to this is obvious but I'm a bit of a newbie.

We use RAP-2 for home workers extending our corporate WLAN.

At the moment when I view dashboard/security the majority of "rogue" "suspected rogue" and "interfering" devices are those detected by my RAP's. To be quite frank I don't really care. I am only interested in AP's which are affecting my corporate environment.

Is there anyway to filter out or disable the info from the RAP-2

many thanks in anticipation

Dave

• 2.  RE: RAP-2 disable from detecting rogue etc

Posted Feb 21, 2013 09:08 AM

Probably the quickest and easiest route is to highlight the ssids in question, click the re-classify button and put them into the "neighbor" or another ap classification.

• 3.  RE: RAP-2 disable from detecting rogue etc

Posted Feb 21, 2013 10:35 AM

Thanks, I will do that, however they are continually finding new AP's so I was looking for a more permanent solution.

• 4.  RE: RAP-2 disable from detecting rogue etc

Posted Feb 21, 2013 10:46 AM

You can disable rogue AP classifcation in the IDS unauthorized device profile.  Configuration --> All profiles --> IDS --> IDS Unauthorized Device Profile.  I do not recommend changing the default profile.  Instead  pull up the default profile, click "Save As" and create a whole new profile and uncheck the Roge AP Classification option.  Then, edit the AP group your RAPS are in and set the IDS Unauthorized device profile to this new one you created.