Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 07, 2013 08:40 AM

Hi, we have some RAP-2WG’s in our network. When we needed a new home-office, I put in a new RAP-2WG and tried to provision it. The RAP showed up with the IL flag. I was able to provision the AP, but it was still showing up with the IL flag and do not work. The controller are running 6.3.0.1.

As a test I reset my own RAP2 that was working. After the reset, it got the same problem.

I found an article about upgrading the backup-partition on the RAP (http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-apflash-backup-partition-or-how-do-I-upgrade-my-RAP5/td-p/5829), but that did not help either.

Anyone knowing what to do? I would verry mutch have them up and running ;-)

• 2.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 07, 2013 08:47 AM
    Do you have available licenses on the controller? Do "show ap license-usage". What is the "Overall AP license limit"? Do you have that many APs listed in the "Total APs" count?

• 3.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 07, 2013 08:55 AM

Yes there should be enough licenses.

AP Licenses
    -----------
    Type                      Number
    ----                      ------
    AP Licenses               16
    RF Protect Licenses       16
    PEF Licenses              16
    Overall AP License Limit  16

AP Usage
    --------
    Type             Count
    ----             -----
    Active CAPs      5
    Standby CAPs     0
    RAPs             3
    Remote-node APs  0
    Tunneled nodes   0
    Total APs        8

Remaining AP Capacity
    ---------------------
    Type  Number
    ----  ------
    CAPs  8
    RAPs  8

• 4.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 07, 2013 09:00 AM
    Is there any errors listed that would affect that AP group when you do "show profile-errors"?

• 5.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 07, 2013 09:01 AM

• 6.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 07, 2013 09:05 AM

Hi, no errors I'm afride...

#show profile-errors

Invalid Profiles
    ----------------
    Profile  Error
    -------  -----

#
    And yes I have tried to upgrade the image:

#show ap image version ip-addr 192.168.0.189

AP Image Versions On Controller
    -------------------------------
    AOS-W version 6.3.0.1 for OAW-AP6x_7x (p4build@corsica.arubanetworks.com) (gcc version 3.4.3) #39170 Thu Jul 25 12:33:21 PDT 20
    AOS-W version 6.3.0.1 for OAW-AP12x (p4build@corsica.arubanetworks.com) (gcc version 4.3.3) #39170 Thu Jul 25 12:43:13 PDT 2013
    AOS-W version 6.3.0.1 for OAW-AP10x (p4build@corsica.arubanetworks.com) (gcc version 4.3.3) #39170 Thu Jul 25 13:20:41 PDT 2013

Access Points Image Version
    ---------------------------
    AP             Running Image Version String                                                                                                     Flash (Production) Image Version String                                                                                          Flash (Provisioning/Backup) Image Version String                                                                 Matches  Num Matches  Num Mismatches  Bad Checksums  Bad Provisioning Checksums  Image Load Status
    --             ----------------------------                                                                                                     ---------------------------------------                                                                                          ------------------------------------------------                                                                 -------  -----------  --------------  -------------  --------------------------  -----------------
    192.168.0.189  AOS-W version 6.3.0.1 for OAW-AP6x_7x (p4build@corsica.arubanetworks.com) (gcc version 3.4.3) #39170 Thu Jul 25 12:33:21 PDT 20  AOS-W version 6.3.0.1 for OAW-AP6x_7x (p4build@corsica.arubanetworks.com) (gcc version 3.4.3) #39170 Thu Jul 25 12:33:21 PDT 20  AOS-W version 5.0.1.0 for OAW-AP6x_7x (p4build@cartman) (gcc version 3.4.3) #24398 Mon Jun 14 00:51:01 PDT 2010  Yes      1            0               0              0                           Done
     #

• 7.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 07, 2013 09:11 AM

Did you do it from a controller on 5.x ?

• 8.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 07, 2013 09:32 AM

No from 6.2.1.1. I have upgraded the controller in small steps from 5.0.x.x . Normally once every 3 to 6 month. We are selling this gear and we normally test the new SW versions on our own controller before we roll it out to the costumers.

• 9.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2013 10:25 AM

Two things, can you confirn the model of controller you are using? As well, is the RAP properly whitelisted and your VPN configuration complete to permit the inbound IPsec connection?

Please bear in mind that with the release of ArubaOS 6.2.x - there was a capacity change on the 620 Series controller, so if you are using it - would explain the 'inactive/unlicensed' IL flags.

<snip>

A6xx series – staring with AOS 6.2 the Remote AP  limits on the 6xx series will be the same as the Campus AP limits.

620 – 8 CAPs = 8 RAPs

650 – 16 CAPs = 16 RAPs

</snip>

• 10.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 08, 2013 06:15 AM

Hi, The RAP's are whitelisted OK. I tested a AP68 and set it up as a RAP. That's working OK. We have also RAP2WG's running that have not been reset and thus RAP's are working. The controller is a 650 with 8 internal AP licenses and 8 extra AP licenses + PEF RF-protection and VIA licenses. The total amount of AP's (CAP's + RAP's) is 9

• 11.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2013 06:34 AM

@Tom.christensen@nordialog.no wrote:

Hi, The RAP's are whitelisted OK. I tested a AP68 and set it up as a RAP. That's working OK. We have also RAP2WG's running that have not been reset and thus RAP's are working. The controller is a 650 with 8 internal AP licenses and 8 extra AP licenses + PEF RF-protection and VIA licenses. The total amount of AP's (CAP's + RAP's) is 9

Tom.christensen,

Please try the Zero Touch provisioning method, instead to point the access point to the controller.

• 12.  RE: RAP-2WG comming up with IL flag on the controller.

Posted Oct 09, 2013 09:41 AM

Thanks, that worked. It seems that I have to upgrade the RAP's first, then reset it and provision it with the Zero Touch method.