Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3 Untrusted Wired Profile User Role not working

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP-3 Untrusted Wired Profile User Role not working

Posted Nov 12, 2012 08:53 AM

I'm trying to configure RAP3 port 1 with a user role so that I can restrict permitted traffic down to a few ports. I have the port set to untrusted and my laptop can pull a DHCP address as expected. The problem is no matter what user role I apply I have no network access. I currently have the 'authenticated' user role so that 'allowall' is applied but I can't even ping my gateway let alone other network resources. If I change the port to trusted I have full network access. 

I have a TAC case open and they've been looking at it for awhile now. As far as they can tell it should be working but it's not. While I'm waiting for them to get back to me can anyone tell me what logs would be beneficial to turn on debugging so I can see the process and what profile is applied and why?

I'm running: ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba3600-US), Version 6.1.4.1

Any help is appreciated

-Justin

• 2.  RE: RAP-3 Untrusted Wired Profile User Role not working

Posted Nov 12, 2012 10:03 AM

Something that seems strange to me is the IP of my laptop doesn't show up in the user table on the AP. My computer is getting an IP address of 10.12.205.68.

(JVLArubaCtrl) #show datapath user ap-name Justinsdesk tabl

Datapath User Table Entries
    ---------------------------

Flags: P - Permanent, W - WEP, T- TKIP, A - AESCCM, G - AESGCM, V - ProxyArp to/for MN(Visitor),
    N - VPN, L - local, Y - Any IP user, R - Routed user, M - Media Capable,
    S - Src NAT with VLAN IP, E - L2 Enforced, F - IPIP Force Delete, O - VOIP user
    FM(Forward Mode): S - Split, B - Bridge, N - N/A

IP MAC ACLs Contract Location Age Sessions Flags Vlan FM
    --------------- ----------------- ------- --------- -------- --- --------- ----- ---- --
    192.168.0.45 00:0B:86:82:E2:78 2700/0 0/0 0 13 1/65535 P 1 N
    10.12.205.5 00:0B:86:6E:31:50 2703/0 0/0 0 2759 0/65535 P 0 N

(JVLArubaCtrl) #

• 3.  RE: RAP-3 Untrusted Wired Profile User Role not working
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 12, 2012 10:44 AM

I think I might have figured out my problem after reading part 7 of this KB https://kb.arubanetworks.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/92/kw/wired%20ap%20user%20not%20in%20table.

I disabled mobility with 'no router mobile' and I seem to have network access on my untrusted link.