Wireless Access

RAP-3

Was reading over the Aruba Instant documentation (6.1.3.1-3.0.0.0) seems like the soon to be released RAP-3WN/3WN-US/3WNP/3WNP-US is a supported device of Aruba Instant. Will be interesting to see how this is going to work :smileyhappy:

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor II

Re: RAP-3

A little digging suggest that it's a RAP2 with 3G support, so you can probably assume it will work like the RAP5

I also believe it will be PoE as well. Looking forward to this product :)

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
New Contributor

my tech is having issues getting the aruba rap3 installed.  any one set up a Rap3 yet?

Aruba

The RAP-3 products ship with Instant software. To converti and deploy it with a controller, you'll need 6.1.4.x AOS, which is a limited release. Contact Aruba Support if you need it.

/Onno
New Contributor

Great thanks for the info.  WE do not want to be to upgrade the production controller to the new AOS since it is limited release.  Very helpful info, thanks!

when can we expect "normal" RAP-3 support?

Aruba

Not sure what you mean by "normal" RAP-3 support, but there's no plan to introduce a version of the RAP-3 that will operate similar to the current RAP-5 or RAP-2 out of the box. The RAP-3 will continue to ship with Instant software, requiring conversion to operate with a controller. Note that Aruba offers tools to make the conversion a zero-touch event.

Until RAP-3 support is folded into the AOS 6.2 release (roadmap), the limited release 6.1.4 code is what's needed to support RAP-3 on a controller.

/Onno

oharms wrote:
Until RAP-3 support is folded into the AOS 6.2 release (roadmap), the limited release 6.1.4 code is what's needed to support RAP-3 on a controller.

that is what i meant, when dont we need a limited release, that would be when 6.2 is released right.

Aruba

That's correct.

/Onno
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: