Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WG won't phone home

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WG won't phone home

Posted Feb 07, 2013 08:15 PM
    Hi Guys, I just got our first RAP3 and am trying get it up and running. I brought it home, and replaced a working RAP2. Should I only need to white list it on my controller, then go to maintenance and convert it as a RAP managed by a controller or is there more to it? The RAP2 pretty much just worked when I added the URL that points to my controller... Thanks for any input! Dennis

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WG won't phone home

Posted Feb 07, 2013 08:34 PM

What version of ArubaOS are you running on your controller?  Support for the RAP-3WN is only available in ArubaOS 6.2.X (Early Deployment) at the moment.  

• 3.  RE: RAP-3WG won't phone home

Posted Feb 07, 2013 08:40 PM

Ah - I did not see that!  I'm on 6.1.3.6.  How stable is the 6.2.x build?  

Thanks for the info!

Dennis

• 4.  RE: RAP-3WG won't phone home

Posted Feb 07, 2013 09:01 PM

I cannot really say since I just started using it in my lab.  I would not recommend deploying it in a production environment without thoroughly testing it first.  

• 5.  RE: RAP-3WG won't phone home

Posted Feb 07, 2013 09:26 PM

I agree, thanks for the response.  If you don't mind what type of test enviornment do you have?  I've got a 3400 set as a master and a 6000 as a local (handles most everything but I like redundancy so I won't loose anything).  I may pull the 3400 into a test enviornment, or maybe buy a smaller controller to test with.

Dennis

• 6.  RE: RAP-3WG won't phone home

Posted Feb 07, 2013 09:42 PM

I have been using a 620 controller for testing but I am finding that it is no longer up to the task.  There are new features now that are not supported on the lowest end controllers, like PEF Visibility.  I am going to have to get a 3200XM.  I would not recommend anything  smaller than that at this point. 

• 7.  RE: RAP-3WG won't phone home

Posted Feb 08, 2013 12:48 AM

The RAP-3 is also supported on 6.1.4.x; however this release is not generally available.  Talk to your local SE or contact TAC to gain access to it for RAP-3 usage.