Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP-3WN Wireless Performance

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP-3WN Wireless Performance

Posted Mar 22, 2017 04:58 PM

Just curious to see how others are perfoming with the RAP-3WN. Our group is seeing an average of 3.5Mbps down and .5Mbps up, regardless of the type of service and router setup at home. Is this typical?

• 2.  RE: RAP-3WN Wireless Performance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2017 05:01 PM

Is that wired or wireless traffic?

Do you have bcmc optimization enabled on the wired VLAN and Broadcast Filter ALL enabled on all of your wireless Virtual APS broadcast by the AP?

• 3.  RE: RAP-3WN Wireless Performance

Posted Mar 23, 2017 08:16 AM

Wireless. I've yet to get feedback on wired connections.  

edit: Caught the last two questions. Looking now. Is there a GUI entry for Broadcast Filter or just command line?

• 4.  RE: RAP-3WN Wireless Performance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 08:26 AM

What is the uplink speed of the ISP at the headend and what controller model is it?

• 5.  RE: RAP-3WN Wireless Performance

Posted Mar 23, 2017 08:54 AM

I'm not sure of the specific uplink speeds.  All are Time Warner Customers ranging from 15 Mbps service plans to 50 Mbps service plans. We are running a 7210 Controller on OS 6.5.0.4.

Also confirmed we do not have bcmc-optimization enabled for the wired vlan. We do have broadcast-filter ALL enabled for the SSID profile in question.

• 6.  RE: RAP-3WN Wireless Performance

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2017 10:26 AM

Did you try to connect a RAP5 on your internal LAN as a RAP to the controller and then do a speed test?  That is what I would do next.

• 7.  RE: RAP-3WN Wireless Performance

Posted Mar 30, 2017 08:44 AM

Just ran the internal test. While connecting the RAP to our Internal LAN, I'm pulling 40-45Mbps down via wireless. I've confirmed that I'm connecting to the RAP and not a nearby AP.