Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP 5 WN

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP 5 WN

Posted Jun 15, 2012 09:10 AM

Hello,

I have a RAP 5 WN that will be placed in a remote location, in tunneled mode. I have createD a VLAN with the following settings:

VLAN ID IP Address Net Mask Associated Ports

GE1/0

This RAP should function as a default gateway and this gateway should have the IP address 10.7.1.240.

I have set this up under DHCP part, I have assigned a default router 10.7.1.240 in the DHCP pool.

It doesn't seem to work, clients connected to this network, get a correct IP address and a correct default gateway,

but I think I'm missing something concerning the routing part of this VLAN.

Anyone can help me through this?

• 2.  RE: RAP 5 WN

Posted Jun 15, 2012 10:37 AM

In tunnel mode, the RAP won't be your default gateway, the controller (or another L3 device downstream connected to the controller) will be the default gateway.  Change VLAN420 on your controller to 10.7.1.240 and you should be all set.

• 3.  RE: RAP 5 WN

Posted Jun 19, 2012 02:12 AM

Just to double check,

Do you want to bridge traffic locally? or do you want all the traffic sent to controller? 

• 4.  RE: RAP 5 WN

Posted Jun 19, 2012 05:56 AM

All traffic must be send to the controller.

• 5.  RE: RAP 5 WN

Posted Jun 19, 2012 06:12 AM

Hello,

When I change the IP of the VLAN to the address you proposed, it seems to work.

But I'm only able to ping my Aruba master controller. And from there on nothing more.

I don't know what I can check further from here

• 6.  RE: RAP 5 WN

Posted Jun 19, 2012 09:40 AM

Well, from there, you should check routing and what traffic you're allowing in your user role.