Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

I have a RAP-5WN that previously connected to 6.1.3.5 controller. I connected to 6.2.1.3 controller to test code upgrade and was successful. Now it won't connect back to the 6.1.3.5 controller. Shows connection to master is successful, then hangs. I reset the RAP between controller changes and set the new IP. What am I missing? Trying to prepare in case I need to rollback from 6.2 upgrade. Many thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: RAP-5WN downgrade 6.2 to 6.1

What new ip?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

One master controller is running 6.21.3 and another 6.1.3.5. I first reset the RAP-5WN to defaults, then set the IP of the master. The RAP will now come up on the 6.2 controller. If I give it the IP of the 6.1 controller it shows that the connection is successful but never shows up for installation. I don't see a isakmp or ipsec sa with the 6.1 controller. While connected to the 6.2 controller it did upgrade the image version correctly and has the 5.0 provisioning version.

Guru Elite

Are you sure that the ap-group on the new controller does not have an LMS-IP that redirects the access point before it has an opportunity to upgrade/downgrade?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

It does have an LMS-IP but both the master and local are running the same versions. The controller running 6.2 does not have a local controller.

Guru Elite

jfarnell wrote:

It does have an LMS-IP but both the master and local are running the same versions. The controller running 6.2 does not have a local controller.

It does not matter.  If the LMS-IP is private, the AP will NEVER find that controller, and that could be your problem.  Either create a new AP group that does not have an LMS-IP and put your remote AP into it or remove the LMS-IP from that AP-Group.

Colin Joseph

I will try that on Monday. Thanks very much for your help.

This is resolved. I originally added the RAP to the RAP whitelist with an AP group. Since the RAP had the default configuration I didn't expect to find it in that AP group -- I was looking at the default group instead.Adding a RAP to the whitelist is new to me since we've only used AP125 as RAPs in the past. Thanks for the help!

Jim

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: