Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

RAP NAT-T testing

Hi all, any way to test a NAT-T connection remotely without a RAP??  Have a situation where a RAP wont come in and I need to prove its the firewall config thats incorrect, and the controller/rap is as expected...even though 'show datapath session table | include 4500' shows no hits ??

Thanks

ACMA/ACMP
Guru Elite

Re: RAP NAT-T testing

If show datapath is showing no hits, the UDP traffic is not being delivered by the external firewall or the routing, period.  That needs to be corrected before proceeding.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

Cheers Colin, yes I rather expected thats the case, just a matter of convincing them now.

ACMA/ACMP
Guru Elite

You should have them convince you that they are seeing and passing traffic.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

hi stunshot

An easy way to do RAP test without a RAP is to use ike-scan, check out my post about it here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Unified-Wired-Wireless-Access/VPN-issue/m-p/236272/highlight/true#M49061

regards

-jeff

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: