Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP Not Able to Establish Tunnel - AP Provisioning Migration Profile

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP Not Able to Establish Tunnel - AP Provisioning Migration Profile

Posted Sep 21, 2018 10:19 AM

I am having an issue migrating a RAP from one controller to another controller.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Migrating-RAPs-to-new-controllers/td-p/79736/page/2

I referenced the following post and configured the AP Provisioning Profile on the legacy RAP Controller. I matched the AP Group on both controllers. In addition, I confirm the RAP MAC Address was whitelisted.

After moving the RAP into the new AP group, the device rebooted. I monitored the RAP boot process via a console port. After 2 reboots, the RAP Master IP changed to reflect the external ip address of the new RAP Controller.

From the RAP Console, I am able to ping the new controller external ip address. However, the RAP will not form the tunnel. Even though, the required ports are open on the firewall(4500 and 500), the RAP fails to establish a tunnel on the new controller. 

If I factory reset the RAP and provision using the external ip address of the new controller, everything works normally. The controller sees the RAP, establishes the tunnel, downloads it's firmware and begins broadcasting.  For some reason, the RAP will not form a tunnel using the Provisioning Migration process.

• 2.  RE: RAP Not Able to Establish Tunnel - AP Provisioning Migration Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 10:31 AM

Did you add those APs to the RAP whitelist of the new controller?

• 3.  RE: RAP Not Able to Establish Tunnel - AP Provisioning Migration Profile

Posted Sep 21, 2018 11:20 AM

Yes. The RAP is whitelisted on the new controller. 

Also, I placed the RAP in the same AP Group name on the new controller.

• 4.  RE: RAP Not Able to Establish Tunnel - AP Provisioning Migration Profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 11:29 AM