Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP connection error

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  RAP connection error

Posted Jun 03, 2014 06:36 AM

I have upgraded a controller to 6.3.1 and getting these error messages from the RAPs trying to connect -

Jun  1 10:32:25  stm[1652]: <304001> <ERRS> |stm|  Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at papi_handler, 1491, Invalid message type 3144 ip = 5.5.5.6, from 8451

Any idea what this means?

• 2.  RE: RAP connection error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2014 06:54 AM

By itself it does not automatically mean anything.  What did you upgrade from?  type "show log security 50" to see if you see anything.

• 3.  RE: RAP connection error

Posted Jun 03, 2014 08:19 AM
    HI Matt,

Even the syslog message guide does not provide much.

304001 Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at [func:%s], [line:%d], [data&colon;%s]
    Description: Unexpected condition occurred in the station manager (stm)
    Recommended Action: Contact your support provider

Like cjoseph said, see in the security logs if you see anything and post the output here.

• 4.  RE: RAP connection error

Posted Jun 03, 2014 08:44 AM

I have reverted back to the old code for the moment, but will run a test later today.

• 5.  RE: RAP connection error
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 03, 2014 09:06 AM

If its just one rap i would factory default the rap and try provisioning it again... i mean anyways it will get all the config and it just take a few mins doing that...

If you got aruba activate even better everything will be automatically(i mean if it rap3 and onward)

Cheers

Carlos

• 6.  RE: RAP connection error

Posted Jun 03, 2014 09:22 AM

Unfortunately it is a number of 105 RAPs on an MPLS so cannot be defaulted and no activate available.