Wireless Access

Super Contributor II

RAP connection error

I have upgraded a controller to 6.3.1 and getting these error messages from the RAPs trying to connect -

Jun  1 10:32:25  stm[1652]: <304001> <ERRS> |stm|  Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at papi_handler, 1491, Invalid message type 3144 ip = 5.5.5.6, from 8451

Any idea what this means?

Guru Elite

Re: RAP connection error

[ Edited ]

By itself it does not automatically mean anything.  What did you upgrade from?  type "show log security 50" to see if you see anything.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

HI Matt,

Even the syslog message guide does not provide much.

304001 Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at [func:%s], [line:%d], [data&colon;%s]
Description: Unexpected condition occurred in the station manager (stm)
Recommended Action: Contact your support provider

Like cjoseph said, see in the security logs if you see anything and post the output here.
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
Super Contributor II

I have reverted back to the old code for the moment, but will run a test later today.

MVP

[ Edited ]

If its just one rap i would factory default the rap and try provisioning it again... i mean anyways it will get all the config and it just take a few mins doing that...

If you got aruba activate even better everything will be automatically(i mean if it rap3 and onward)

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Super Contributor II

Unfortunately it is a number of 105 RAPs on an MPLS so cannot be defaulted and no activate available.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: