Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP failover to same controller, different interface?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP failover to same controller, different interface?

Posted Dec 14, 2011 06:29 AM

I have controller with two WAN connections, both own interface and static IP. Can I use LMS to create failover trough different WAN interfaces to same controller in case another WAN connection fails?  Or is this doable at all?

• 2.  RE: RAP failover to same controller, different interface?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2011 06:35 AM

Not sure if this is doable, because despite having two interfaces, the controller will only have a single best route back to the RAP out of a single interface.  That can certainly change, but ONLY if the physical controller interface goes down.  So if you have an upstream failure of a WAN connection, for example, the controller will not detect it.

• 3.  RE: RAP failover to same controller, different interface?

Posted Dec 14, 2011 06:54 AM

Ah, thats a bit turn off. Most likely its the upstream DSL link that fails than ethernet link between controller and DSL modem. I suppose I'll settle with some persistent options then. 

• 4.  RE: RAP failover to same controller, different interface?

Posted Dec 14, 2011 04:39 PM

If you could do OSPF between the controller and your upstream routers and they can give you default route, you may be able to work something out.