Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP local pool too small

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  RAP local pool too small

Posted Sep 04, 2012 09:00 AM

Hi,

Our RAP Local pool is becoming too small.  

We have 2 masters and 4 localcontrollers. When a RAP boots it will be directed to one of the locals. On all our controllers we have configured the same ip range for the localpool. We used a free subnet on our  wired LAN for our pool.

Is it possible to change the range  without problems with our active RAP's ? In that case the range will overlap with a subnet on our wired LAN, does this give routing problems? What will happen if I choose a totally different range which is not a part of our wired LAN.

THX.

• 2.  RE: RAP local pool too small

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 04, 2012 09:06 AM

You can choose an unroutable pool for your RAPs and everything will still work correctly...  My personal favorite is 8.8.8.1 to 8.8.8.250.

• 3.  RE: RAP local pool too small

Posted Sep 04, 2012 09:16 AM

What will happen  then with our active RAP's , will they reboot and get the new Ip address? Or  will they loose connection and need a power down before they will be back online again?

• 4.  RE: RAP local pool too small
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 04, 2012 12:43 PM

No. The current RAPs will stay up & continue using assigned ip-addresses till then rebootstrap. And new RAPs will get ip from new pool created.

• 5.  RE: RAP local pool too small

Posted Sep 10, 2012 02:25 AM

THX.

I will make the change.