Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

RAP local pool too small

Hi,

Our RAP Local pool is becoming too small.  

We have 2 masters and 4 localcontrollers. When a RAP boots it will be directed to one of the locals. On all our controllers we have configured the same ip range for the localpool. We used a free subnet on our  wired LAN for our pool.

Is it possible to change the range  without problems with our active RAP's ? In that case the range will overlap with a subnet on our wired LAN, does this give routing problems? What will happen if I choose a totally different range which is not a part of our wired LAN.

THX.

Guru Elite

Re: RAP local pool too small

You can choose an unroutable pool for your RAPs and everything will still work correctly...  My personal favorite is 8.8.8.1 to 8.8.8.250.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

What will happen  then with our active RAP's , will they reboot and get the new Ip address? Or  will they loose connection and need a power down before they will be back online again?

Aruba Employee

No. The current RAPs will stay up & continue using assigned ip-addresses till then rebootstrap. And new RAPs will get ip from new pool created.

THX.

I will make the change.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: