Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP not allowing DHCP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 09:49 AM

We have several RAP-2 and RAP-3 units running off our 3200 controller. Last night they stopped allowing DHCP over the eth1 ports. Everything works fine over their wifi. I made sure they all show in the whitelist. I even stepped through the Remote AP wizard again for the config. I am really stumped on this issue.

• 2.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 09:59 AM

HI,

Let me understand the issue more clearly. you mean all wired clients connected to wired port or RAP are able to get IP from DHCP right ?

Please clarify.

• 3.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 10:12 AM

That is correct. Wired clients do not get a dhcp address so they default to 169.x.x.x. If they connect to the wifi being broadcast from the RAP they get dhcp addresses just fine.

• 4.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 10:23 AM

Can you check if DHCP has any available IP addresses to give out for that particular segment ?

Make sure that the user-role that the users are getting is allowing DHCP.

• 5.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 10:30 AM

HI,

is there any  DHCP server available at the remote network where RAP is deployed ? here in this case of RAP wired client traffic will not go through the tunnel and hit the controller and gets an IP they should get IP locally, you should ensure that the DHCP is available locally.

Please clarify the above, it seems it is a simple issue.

• 6.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 10:37 AM

HI,

BTW what is the Forward mode you have selected for those eth ports ? if it is tunneled traffic should go through the tunnel and also it should be trusted.

• 7.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 11:09 AM

There are addresses available. The wired ports would be pulling from the same DHCP server as the wifi. The traffic is set to tunnel back.

• 8.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 11:39 AM

HI,

Is there any AAA profile mapped those ports  ? check whether any wired users are showing in the Controller (show user-table) and check which role is mapped .

• 9.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 08, 2015 02:44 PM

How do I check the mapping for these ports?

• 10.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 09, 2015 03:35 PM

I finally found what you were asking for. It does have the correct aaa applied to the ports. I'm just stumped as to why the wifi works but the ports do not.

• 11.  RE: RAP not allowing DHCP

Posted Oct 14, 2015 07:59 AM
    have you checked the user-role like CJoseph has mentioned? or the DHCP pool?