12-28-2011 10:36 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-28-2011 11:02 AM
For 64 RAPs, you will need
- 64 AP licenses to terminate the RAPs
- 64 PEFNG license for firewall capabilities
I dont think you are looking for any WIPS or spectrum (mostly for RAP dployments the customers dont require this) , so you don't need the RFprotect licenses
The PEFV license is required for terminating VIA, in ArubaOS 5.X this license was available in the base OS but in 6.1 this is a seperate license that has to be purchased.
If you have a redundant controller , then that controller should be licensed to the load that it will carry during failover.
Remember that the number of AP licenses should be equal to the number of PEFNG licenses. If not the lowest number between the two licenses will be considered. Say you have 64 PA licenses and 32 PEFNG licenses then only 32 RAPs can be terminated.
If you are using any RFProtect licenses then , the number of AP licenses should be equal to the number of PEFNG and RFProtect.
Since your don't need RFProtect licenses all you need is
- 64 APs and 64 PEFNG licneses (as long as RFprotect license is zero)
12-28-2011 08:26 PM
Follow up question if I got 4 RFProtect License it means I can convert 4 ap as spectrum analyzer. If I dont have this license RF protect. can I detect a rogue ap or convert it to air monitor?
12-29-2011 12:22 AM
12-29-2011 11:14 AM - edited 12-29-2011 11:15 AM
The RF protect license is not required for
- Rogue AP classification techniques other than AP classification rules
- Rogue containment
- Wired containment
- Wireless containment without Tarpit
- Wi-Fi interference detection
RF Protect license is required for
- Spectrum Analysis
- Hybrid spectrum analysis
- Wi‐Fi interference classification
- Wi‐Fi interference visualization
- Wireless intrusion detection system (IDS) attack signatures
- Simplified configuration with WIP configuration wizard
- Total Watch enhanced air monitoring. Provides granular (5 MHz) rogue scanning. With out RF protect the channel are scanned at 20 MHZ intervals. Also adds the ability for AMs to scan rare channels (4.9 GHz)
- Automatic rule‐based rogue classification
- Detect and contain Windows Bridge
Remember that if you decide to add 4 RFprotect licenses then the total APs that you can terminate on the controller will come down to 4 even if you have higher number of AP and PEFNG. Keep the RFProtect licenses to zero or eqaul to the number of AP and PEFNG licenses