Wireless Access

RAP2 - Wireless WAN Connection

Is it possible to setup a RAP2 to use a wireless connection as it's WAN connection instead of using wired port 0?  A wired connection is not always available when traveling, and I see this as one reason not to use a RAP2 when traveling.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Aruba

Re: RAP2 - Wireless WAN Connection

This is a good idea, and has come up throughout the years.   It has not been built in to the device, as the primary use-case for the RAP-2 is for teleworker or fixed-remote-worker environments.

That being said, I have put together my own 'kit' to run the RAP-2 in such circumstances with the use of an ASUS 802.11 bridge.   They are half the size of the RAP-2 and can plug directly into the E0 port... the result?  a wireless 'backhaul' enabled RAP-2.

Not ideal (due to cost, and carrying two boxes)...but it does work!

JF

Re: RAP2 - Wireless WAN Connection

Thank you for the reply.  Great to know that there is another device of similar size that can provide the bridging functionality.  I'll check it out.

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: