Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP2 wired port

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP2 wired port

Posted Dec 02, 2011 07:39 AM

I have successfully several RAP2s.  In the initial deployment, we disabled the the e1 port on the RAPs.  Now we're trying to go back and re-enable them.  In the controller under the AP wired profile have enabled the port and assiged it to a vlan.  The vlan that I assigned the port to is the same vlan that the virtual AP profile uses.   For whatever reason, when I bring the RAP up, plug a device into the e1 port, the device will not pull an IP address.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: RAP2 wired port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2011 07:45 AM

Make sure the wired port  profile is trusted, enabled and tunneled.

• 3.  RE: RAP2 wired port

Posted Dec 02, 2011 09:12 AM

Thansk for your help.  I was able to get it working.  I now pull an IP address, however; I'm experiencing the following problem.  In the GUI, I'm going to "AP configuration", editing my RAP2 AP group, go to ethernet interface 1, wired ap profile.  I'm then assigned e1 wired ap profile to a new profile I created that has the vlan I want to assign to e1, but once I click apply, it is applying that profile to e0 port as well and across all AP groups.  Have you seen this before?

• 4.  RE: RAP2 wired port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2011 09:15 AM

Probably because your Ethernet interface 1 port configuration is set to "default"

You need to create a new Ethernet int 1 port config profile, and make sure it is only used by eth int 1, and not eth int 0.

• 5.  RE: RAP2 wired port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2011 09:17 AM

Capture23.JPG

• 6.  RE: RAP2 wired port

Posted Dec 02, 2011 09:44 AM

Thanks for that.  I have it all settled out now.  One final question.  The wireless users of the RAPs receive a 802.1x authenticated role that has split tunneling setup.  How can I apply a role to the wired port to enable split tunneling?  Do I have to create an AAA profile for the new wired port profile that I have created?

• 7.  RE: RAP2 wired port

Posted Dec 02, 2011 09:55 AM

you could apply the same AAA profile to that as well as what you use on the Wireless...

hstonebraker

• 8.  RE: RAP2 wired port

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 02, 2011 08:46 AM

Also make sure in the AP Config -> AP -> Ethernet int 1 port -> Wired AP Profile, you have the Switchport mode set to "access" and a valid "Access mode VLAN".