Wireless Access

Contributor II

RAP5 WAN APPLICATION ACCELERATION

Hello,

someone have experienced with accelerarion server for RAP, my customer have latency on it WAN and affected the corporate APPS, i read in the ArubaOS5 Command refernece Guige a command to do this but i need a server, what kind of server?

acceleration head-end ip-address <ip-address>
Description
This command configures a RAP for the Application Acceleration module. The Application Acceleration
module improves application performance.

Refer to the ArubaOS Application Acceleration Server Installation and Quick Start Guide and the
ArubaOS Application Acceleration Module 1.0 Administration Guide for detailed information about
configuring this server.

Where i can get those guides?

Regards.

Guru Elite

Re: RAP5 WAN APPLICATION ACCELERATION

That feature has been removed and does not work.  The best thing you can do when you have a RAP is to enable broadcast-multicast optimization on any wired VLAN that is being extended out to the RAP.  So if VLAN20 is on enet1 on your RAP 5, on your controller, you should do this:

config t

interface vlan 20

bcmc-optimization

That will keep random downstream and useless broadcasts from consuming bandwidth on your internet connection between the RAP5 and your headend.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Re: RAP5 WAN APPLICATION ACCELERATION

OK thanks

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: