Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAP5 WAN APPLICATION ACCELERATION

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAP5 WAN APPLICATION ACCELERATION

Posted Apr 16, 2013 09:36 PM

Hello,

someone have experienced with accelerarion server for RAP, my customer have latency on it WAN and affected the corporate APPS, i read in the ArubaOS5 Command refernece Guige a command to do this but i need a server, what kind of server?

acceleration head-end ip-address <ip-address>
    Description
    This command configures a RAP for the Application Acceleration module. The Application Acceleration
    module improves application performance.

Refer to the ArubaOS Application Acceleration Server Installation and Quick Start Guide and the
    ArubaOS Application Acceleration Module 1.0 Administration Guide for detailed information about
    configuring this server.

Where i can get those guides?

Regards.

• 2.  RE: RAP5 WAN APPLICATION ACCELERATION
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 17, 2013 12:48 AM

That feature has been removed and does not work.  The best thing you can do when you have a RAP is to enable broadcast-multicast optimization on any wired VLAN that is being extended out to the RAP.  So if VLAN20 is on enet1 on your RAP 5, on your controller, you should do this:

config t

interface vlan 20

bcmc-optimization

That will keep random downstream and useless broadcasts from consuming bandwidth on your internet connection between the RAP5 and your headend.

• 3.  RE: RAP5 WAN APPLICATION ACCELERATION

Posted Apr 17, 2013 11:49 AM

OK thanks