Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

Is there any way to acertain why a controller has decided to classify an AP as a Rogue? 

A whole bunch of a neighbouring organisation's APs get picked up on our WLAN and most of them get identified as "Suspected Neighbour" , however some are identified as "Rogues" with 100 % confidence. (And occasnally 20%). Our info-security team have asked me to investigate why that is - I'm pretty confident it's a false alarm, but am not sure there is any way I can find out.

MVP

Re: RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

See if there's any RAPIDs rules created that classifying devices as rogue based on certain condition ?
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

Re: RAPIDS Rogue Classification - access to reasons for decision to classify as Rogue?

Are these controller classifications or airwave classifications?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Controller classifications, apologies. 

Airwave has classified them all as Rogues as they are broadcasting a shared SSID of ours. It's the ones the controllers have classified as rogues I am looking to clarify. 

Guru Elite

Copying and pasting an answer from before..

Try show wms rogue-ap <bssid>

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/Difference-between-suspected-rogue-and-Rogue-AP

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

eljay, be sure to read this doc: http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/ControllerBasedWLANs/47/2/PDFRogueAPGuide.pdf
This explains quit a bit to get a proper understanding.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks guys, I'll go away and do some reading! :)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: