Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

What i'm trying to discern is the best way to handle provisioning CAPs for use at a branch office behind a RAP.

Should i be provisioning the CAPS prior to them arriving onsite at the branch office?

I know i have to do my RAPS prior to them going, but the CAPs i can't find documentation on this.

Guru Elite

Re: RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

Provisioning CAPs behind RAPs is not officially supported because the encapsulation of the GRE through ipsec in many cases does not work, unfortunately.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

So i'd be correct in gathering that any CAPs that are needed onsite will need to be pre-provisioned with the controller?

Guru Elite

Couldn't you make them all RAPs at the Remote Site?  Even if you pre-provision CAPs at the headend, it is not supported to deploy them tunneling through RAPs.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

You've answered my question.  I really do appreciate it.

Thank you!

I have another question in regards to this.

What about using CAPs as mesh points behind a RAP?  From what i'm seeing that's not possible, but that only appears to be a valid conclusion based on the user guide and that the RAP‑2WG and the RAP‑5WN cannot be configured as a Mesh Point AP.

Is this possible with other versions of APs and how would you configure it?  We're working out RAP solutions for a customer and i'm curious about this as we cannot run lines as it's a rental office.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: