Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

What i'm trying to discern is the best way to handle provisioning CAPs for use at a branch office behind a RAP.

Should i be provisioning the CAPS prior to them arriving onsite at the branch office?

I know i have to do my RAPS prior to them going, but the CAPs i can't find documentation on this.

Guru Elite

Re: RAPs and CAPs Provisioning for Branch Office

Provisioning CAPs behind RAPs is not officially supported because the encapsulation of the GRE through ipsec in many cases does not work, unfortunately.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

So i'd be correct in gathering that any CAPs that are needed onsite will need to be pre-provisioned with the controller?

Guru Elite

Couldn't you make them all RAPs at the Remote Site?  Even if you pre-provision CAPs at the headend, it is not supported to deploy them tunneling through RAPs.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

You've answered my question.  I really do appreciate it.

Thank you!

I have another question in regards to this.

What about using CAPs as mesh points behind a RAP?  From what i'm seeing that's not possible, but that only appears to be a valid conclusion based on the user guide and that the RAP‑2WG and the RAP‑5WN cannot be configured as a Mesh Point AP.

Is this possible with other versions of APs and how would you configure it?  We're working out RAP solutions for a customer and i'm curious about this as we cannot run lines as it's a rental office.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: