Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

RAPs through TMG 2010

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RAPs through TMG 2010

Posted May 28, 2013 08:38 AM

Hello There,

I'm looking for a confirmation that RAPs wil not work through Microsoft TMG 2010 while TMG is working as well as a VPN Server.

In our case we tried to do that and we do not get an stable connection. The RAP is seen in the Data Path Session table and will be gone quickly.

When we read the Technet notes fro Forefront TMG 2010 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee796231.aspx#yydffg4 at the Unsupported Configurations>VPN Issues>Outbound L2TP connections are not supported by Forefront TMG configured as an L2TP/IPsec VPN server. We see the next statement. ' do not use the L2TP/IPsec protocol when Forefront TMG is configured as a VPN server'. Because this is statement is from feb 2011.

We like to know if someone else in the communitie has countered such problems as well and if this issue can be solved.

Thanks!!

• 2.  RE: RAPs through TMG 2010

Posted May 28, 2013 09:30 AM

Try running this on TMG; requires a restart.

netsh tmg set global name=BlockSecuredInDefaultState value=0 persistent

set the value to 1 to reverse.

I am not 100% sure of the details behind the command, however do know it resolved an unrelated VPN/L2TP issue behind TMG.   

• 3.  RE: RAPs through TMG 2010

Posted May 30, 2013 08:57 AM

Hi Clembo,

I'll ask the customer to try this. I'll let you know the results. Thanks!

• 4.  RE: RAPs through TMG 2010

Posted Nov 21, 2014 03:24 AM

Hi, Can you please tell me if you solved this issue? We want to setup RAP's from external to our Corporate enviroment, but can't seem to get the TMG pass the traffic to the Controllers.

Does anyone know how to setup TMG 2010 for this?