Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Radio Usage on AirWave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Radio Usage on AirWave

Posted May 30, 2017 10:29 AM

Hi guys,

I am browsing some graphs in AirWave but I am stuck in the RF Capacity graphs. This is the information in the user guide:

The top tables show the total number of clients that have connected over the last week (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and the percentage of these that were above the usage threshold. The bottom graphs show
    the number of clients that were connected during low and high channel utilization.

What' the exact meaning of channel usage? Is it the same that channel utilization? If I have a radio with 90% peak usage, what does this mean? And also what is the usage threshold and how can I configure it?

Many thanks,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Radio Usage on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2017 11:03 AM

Julian,

Check my old post it explain about channel utilization.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/Airwave-understand-Radio-Channel-Utilization-Graphs/m-p/289452#M6308

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Radio Usage on AirWave

Posted May 30, 2017 11:10 AM

Thanks Pavan,

But it doesn't explain the unit of channel usage/utilization? Is it usage of MB of the channel? Is it usage of number of clients supported by the radio? I think it means MB tx/rx on the radio, please confirm.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: Radio Usage on AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2017 11:49 AM

Julian,

Below link provide detail explanation about channel utilization/efficency /throughput

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throughput

Regards

Pavan