Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Radius and Captive Portal

Good Morning,

I've been having issues with users connecting with various Windows XP, 7, or Windows 8 machines to my 802.1x network with Radius authentication.  The Macs work just fine.  

I thought I'd create an open network that redirects users to a captive portal page then use the same Radius authentication point and get users authenticated easier.

Is there a way to use a model like this and still assign user roles based on the filter-id that is passed back from the Radius server like I do with 802.1x SSID?  

MVP

Re: Radius and Captive Portal

Yes, you can return RADIUS attributes like role name.  However, do your clients not need to be connected to an encrypted network rather than an open network?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Frequent Contributor II

I suppose that could be an issue. Is there a way to have it encrypted? Another solution?
Guru Elite

The only option in this scenario is to use a PSK.

What issues are the Windows clients having? Most times it is just a matter of accepting the server certificate.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: