03-08-2012 08:02 AM
This post outlines high level information about recent AOS firmware releases. Hopefully it will aid you in determining what version you should be running and help delineate the differences between versions.
Info about new versions of AOS will be added to this post as they are released. Subscribe to this post to be alerted when new versions of code are released.
Please contact Aruba Support before upgrading if you have any questions. A valid support account is needed to access the firmware files and release notes. The release notes are the definitive source of information about a release and should always be read before upgrading.
AOS 188.8.131.52 Released 1/24/2012
AOS 184.108.40.206 Released 2/2/2012
- Maintenance release that branches from the 6.1.2 code train and fixes 150+ known issues/defects and adds a few minor features.
- AP-93H and AP-104 support
- IPv6 Router Advertisement support
- Hybrid spectrum support on the AP-105
- Support for heartbeats in L2 GRE tunnels
- SCCP v17 support
- VLAN Pool assignment updates
- Enhanced VDI support
- Verizon LTE UML290 4G modem support
- 802.1x supplicant support on the AP
- Release notes:
- Software can be downloaded from:
AOS 220.127.116.11 Released 2/23/2012
AOS 18.104.22.168 Released 2/28/2012
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-15-2012 11:53 AM
05-09-2012 06:26 PM
05-30-2012 08:17 AM - edited 06-07-2012 08:59 AM
AOS 22.214.171.124 Released 5/29/2012
- Large patch release with over 125 bugs fixed. There were 3 enhancements to existing features including more granularity on the non-wifi interference immunity setting, cell size reduction and ARP filtering enhancements.
- Release Notes: The release note format was updated based on feedback from AirHeads. There is a new Issues Under Investigation section which includes issues that have been reported by customers and have not been reproduced or confirmed. We have no reason to believe they are affecting other customers. The bug descriptions were also updated heavily. 126.96.36.199 Release Notes
- Software can be downloaded from: 188.8.131.52 Firmware
06-26-2012 07:40 PM
AOS 184.108.40.206 Released 6/22/2012
- Very small patch release that fixed one issue with VIA related to a certificate problem.
- Release notes: 220.127.116.11 release notes
- Firmware:18.104.22.168 firmware
AOS 22.214.171.124 Released 6/22/2012
- Small patch release that fixes ~15 issues including an issue with VIA related to a certificate problem.
- Release notes:126.96.36.199 release notes
- Firmware:188.8.131.52 firmware
08-08-2012 09:06 AM
10-10-2012 10:32 AM
AOS 184.108.40.206 Released 9/10/2012
- Patch release that adds ~14 bug fixes.
- Release notes: 220.127.116.11 release notes
- Firmware: 18.104.22.168 firmware
AOS 22.214.171.124 Released 9/20/2012
- Patch release that adds additional channels for legacy APs in Saudi Arabia. No other changes or bug fixes.
- Release notes: 126.96.36.199 release notes
- Firmware: 188.8.131.52 firmware
AOS 184.108.40.206 Released 10/8/2012
- Patch release that fixes ~50 defects. There are also some wireless performance enhancements that result from minor tweaks in radio behavior. The release note format has also undergone some revision to make them easier to use. The upgrade chapter has been streamlined and simplified.
- Release notes: 220.127.116.11 release notes
- Firmware: 18.104.22.168 firmware
10-11-2012 10:27 AM
AOS 22.214.171.124-AirGroup Released 10/10/12
- Technology release that adds in the AirGroup features as well as a real time location data feed enhancement. Bug fixes on this release are focused to bugs found in AirGroup during the beta process. The code is based off of AOS 126.96.36.199 and includes all of the bug fixes and known issues in AOS 188.8.131.52.
- Release notes: 184.108.40.206-AirGroup Release Notes
- Firmware: 220.127.116.11-AirGroup Firmware
- Deployment Guide: AirGroup Deployment Guide
- Details about the technology release category: http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-
12-06-2012 08:28 AM
AOS 18.104.22.168 Released 12/5/12
- Early deployment minor release that add support for the 72x0 series of controllers. There are a few new features including controller capacity alerts, LLDP support for the APs and 3g/4g backhaul link monitoring. It also includes some enhancements to spectrum analysis, Dashboard pages and setup wizard. DFS support has been extended to the AP-92,AP-93,AP-93h,AP-105, AP-134 and AP-135. There are also over 75 bug fixes included in the release.
- Release notes: 22.214.171.124 Release notes
- Firmware:126.96.36.199 Firmware
- Caveats: Please reveiw the release notes before attempting to upgrade a 3200 or 651 controller.