Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Redirect Delay

After upgrading ClearPass I am now getting a 5 second redirect on the Guest WIFI captive portal. Is there a way to remove this feature or at least reduce the time? See screen shot.

image001.png

Frequent Contributor I

Re: Redirect Delay

On your Aruba controller, navigate to Configuration/Authentication/L3 Authentication/Captive Portal Authentication.  Click the entry you're using with ClearPass, then 3 lines down into the config there's a value titled "Redirect Pause".  I set ours to '1' which seems to be working quite well. 

MVP

h
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor II

The "redirect pause" has an entry of 3 seconds but the redirect page displays 5 seconds. I'm not sure that's the correct option.
Guru Elite

jgraham@cdc.gov,

That specific redirect page is related to the "Logon wait minimum wait" and "Logon wait CPU utilization threshold".  If the CPU is above the "Logon wait CPU Utilization threshold", you will see the black screen with the clock for "Logon wait minimum wait" seconds when you initially attempt to pull up the captive portal page.  It is something to ease the load on the controller Captive Portal if the CPU is at a specific threshold.  It is not related to the redirect timer after you successfully login.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Captive_Portal/Captive_Portal_Authentic.htm?Highlight=Logon wait CPU

By default it is 60% but you can raise it to 70, so that you don't see that page that often.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

<removed, answered>

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: