Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Remote AP Not Working

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Remote AP Not Working

Posted Feb 22, 2017 02:42 PM
      |   view attached

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get my first remote AP working correctly. I've tried following the various guides and the documentation and have progressed...but it's still not showing up.

At this point, by looking into the logs, I can see that it's making an IKE connection with the controller, but it never progresses enough. I've attached the logs.

This is an IAP-205H converted to a campus AP, then provisioned as a RAP on our master/local controllers running 6.4.

Thanks for any pointers, I thought this was going to be much easier than it was (or I should have just followed the darned wizard...)

--Ben

Attachment(s)

txt
    IKE debugs.txt   11 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Remote AP Not Working
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 02:47 PM

Make sure in the ap-group, in the AP system profile, there is no LMS-IP

• 3.  RE: Remote AP Not Working

Posted Feb 22, 2017 03:00 PM

Whoops, there was the internal addresses listed in there, and I have removed them.

Will I need to reset the AP and provision it again, or will it pick up on that automatically?

• 4.  RE: Remote AP Not Working
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 03:09 PM

Just reboot it.

• 5.  RE: Remote AP Not Working

Posted Feb 22, 2017 03:58 PM

Thank you! That did it! I can't tell you how much time I spent fighting with this yesterday.