Wireless Access

New Contributor

Remote Mesh deployment

Hello.

I am new to Aruba Wireless solutions.

I have an Aruba 7220 Controller and 328 AP103. They are deployed in 25 locations, with the controller in a remote datacenter.

Each location have Remote Mesh Portals and Mesh Points. The wireless clients are accessing one web app that is running on a server in the same datacenter as the controller.

Now the customer wants to use the same infrastructure to access the internet, but they want to use each site internet connection for this, not the one in the datacenter.

I wanted to use split-tunnel mode, but the mesh points does not brodcast the new internet ssid that I created in split-tunnel forward mode. Only remote mesh portals do this.

Is there a way to implement this scenario?

Thank you for your support.

MVP

Re: Remote Mesh deployment

You will have to put your mesh into bridge mode (I am assuming it's in tunnel mode right now, which means the entire AP is tunneled back to the controller). I would test this HEAVILY in a lab before you roll it out into production.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
New Contributor

Hi jhoward,

I did put the SSID in bridge mode as advised by you, and works like a charm.

Anyway, I want to ask something else.

Is PEF-NG license mandatory for remote mesh in bridge mode? Because now I have one temporary license installed that will expire in 30 days. Do I have to purchase the license for the bridge setup to work?

Thank you.

MVP

It shouldn't be required to bring up any mesh link. However you will have no control over the ports and protocols going over it. Was there a reason you installed the PEFNG eval?

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
New Contributor

I wanted to test split tunnel before bridge, but I saw that it is not working on mesh points, only on remote mesh portals.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: