Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

Posted Jan 16, 2012 02:36 AM

Hello,

does anybody know how to delete CSR from CLI . The problem is I want to upload my ssl in binary DER format, but earlier I generated CSR in WebGUI that won`t be used, and now system is reporting :Error Uploading Certificate: Cert public key did not match the private key in the CSR store

• 2.  RE: Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2012 06:32 AM

Please try this on the commandline:

restore factory_default certificate

• 3.  RE: Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

Posted Jan 16, 2012 06:54 AM

It shows me this:

Unable to verify factory default certificate.

• 4.  RE: Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

Posted Jan 16, 2012 07:24 AM

not able to use "restore factory_default certificate" is a bug

- Please try, if you can revert to the "default" cert

I am not sure if I am understanding your question.

- Can you please try : creating Trustedcert/ServerCert combination and apply them to captive portal/dot1x/webUI profiles

and then should be able to delete the old csr.

• 5.  RE: Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

Posted Jan 16, 2012 07:28 AM

I want to use external SSL certificate which was bought from verified reseller and avoid that users have to accept some self-signed certificate in their web browsers

No problem to upload TrustedCA

• 6.  RE: Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2012 09:43 AM

Rrobertos,

Please open a support case.  That commandline command is the only think we know of that would clear the CSR.  It looks like you cannot upload the SSL cert unless it corresponds to that CSR or clear it.

• 7.  RE: Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

Posted May 23, 2013 12:06 PM

if you have an SSL cert provided by an cert authroity. Assuming that CSR was generated outside of the controller , all you need to do is to merge the certificate file (.crt) with the private key using a text editor. The order should be

crt followed by private key

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----

** Certificate content ****

-----END CERTIFICATE----------BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

** Private key content

-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

Once you save this merged content as .crt file you can upload it to with PEM certificate type and passphrase. The controller will accept the certificate even though it has own CSR. This option can be used to copy to multiple controllers.

• 8.  RE: Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

Posted Dec 21, 2017 10:30 AM

I did the command and it stated it was successful and i did write mem and when to webui and csr was still there so i tried reboot and it is still there how can we fix this mismatch error if we cannot get rid of the existing csr?

• 9.  RE: Remove CSR Aruba 4604 aos-5.0

Posted Jul 10, 2012 02:20 PM

Was there ever a solution to this?  I've run into the same problem.  I generated a certificate CSR just to go through the paces for training purposes and now there is an outstanding CSR on the device.  I don't need to restore to the factory cert; the factory cert is what is in place and is working.  I need to cancel or remove the CSR.