Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Replacing 105's with 325's a floor at a time in a 5 story building. Should coverage be worse?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Replacing 105's with 325's a floor at a time in a 5 story building. Should coverage be worse?

Posted May 13, 2016 01:46 PM

We have a 5 story hospital building with all 105's. We replaced 1 floor with 205's and the heatmaps in visual RF are even better looking coverage than before; however we started replacing the rest of the floors with 325's, and the coverage looks worse than it did with 105's in Airwave's VisualRF.

Do I need to configure something differently on the 325's? I was under the impression that I should see even better coverage overall.

• 2.  RE: Replacing 105's with 325's a floor at a time in a 5 story building. Should coverage be worse?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2016 04:10 PM

VisualRF is a visualization of coverage.  To see how many APs the 325 actually sees, type "show ap arm state ap-name <name of ap>" on the controller's commandline.