Wireless Access

Contributor I

Replay counter error message

What doe the following error message mean?

authmgr 132093>  <ERRS> |authmgr|  WPA2 Key message 2 from Station 00:90:7a:05:96:3e 00:1a:1e:59:ce:83 21.4.24 did not match the replay counter 02 vs 01

authmgr 132093>  <ERRS> |authmgr|  WPA2 Key message 2 from Station 00:90:7a:04:b8:34 00:1a:1e:59:e3:03 21.4.15 did not match the replay counter 02 vs 01

Retired Employee

Re: Replay counter error message

Frequent Contributor II

Increasing that setting to the max 5000ms did not fix it for me. Continuing to investigate. Curious if anyone else either solved or still is receiving these messages in the logs.

Frequent Contributor II

Did you find a solution to this? I have one AP in Paris that is having this issue and from the client side they just drop connectivity.

Lirria

Frequent Contributor II

Unfortunately no I have not found a workaround or other solution.

Frequent Contributor II

No worries -

From the bit that I have worked on this I found that changing the Interval between WPA/WPA2 key messages to be 800ms actually reduced the number of errors and stabilized the connection a good bit - still having other issues but that seemed to have helped. Still having other issues with that ap but I just checked the logs and no new replay messages on it.

Lirria

Frequent Contributor II

That's quite strange that decreasing the timer below the default of 1000ms would lessen the timeout issue. Wondering what Aruba will find for a solution to this issue.

Guru Elite

Istong,

The replay counter message error is a symptom of a possible issues and does not necessarily indicate one specifically.  These problems can range from the occasional message to systemic connection issues or a man in the middle attack.  The best way to get to the bottom of YOUR issue is to open a TAC case.  

The presence of the message itself is not necessarily a problem to be solved.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Hi, 

if there are too much of this log. 

Jun 10 12:09:24  authmgr[2001]: <132093> <ERRS> |authmgr|  WPA2 Key message 4 from Station 7c:7a:91:59:8f:e4 d8:c7:c8:4e:4a:f1 d8:c7:c8:cc:e4:ae did not match the replay counter 04 vs 05

Jun 10 12:09:24  authmgr[2001]: <132093> <ERRS> |authmgr|  WPA2 Key message 4 from Station 7c:7a:91:59:8f:e4 d8:c7:c8:4e:4a:f1 d8:c7:c8:cc:e4:ae did not match the replay counter 04 vs 05

Does it point to loss of frames or packets to the client? 

Guru Elite

This is from a search of the knowledgebase:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/Troubleshooting/R-450

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: