Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Report definition for downed controllers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Report definition for downed controllers

Posted Jan 18, 2013 01:11 PM

Running 7.3.9, a master console and 15 AMPs with about 300+ controllers. I'm trying to build a report definition that will spit out a list of controllers that are down. We have a number of sites with their own folders. Each site has 2 groups, one for controllers and the other for APs.

We can't quite seem to come up with the right custom option and filter to get something usable. Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Report definition for downed controllers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 18, 2013 02:19 PM

I don't currently have a 7.3.9 AMP, but to get you a quicker response:

On AMP 7.6.1, Reports -> Device Uptime report

Filter by device type -> select controllers, this includes master/standalone, local, standby, and virtual controllers

Choose the option to 'include details about every device'

Then enable the setting 'limit to devices with downtime' - this flag only affects data displayed in a table, not graphs

You can set your report start and end time to a smaller window, I gave it a 10 minute window

device uptime.jpg

Alternatively, you can choose the 'custom report' and only add the 'device uptime' -> 'uptime by device' portion.

This report may or may not have been available in 7.3.9, but it's definitely there for 7.6.1 (7.6.2 to be released next week).

• 3.  RE: Report definition for downed controllers

Posted Jan 23, 2013 03:37 PM

Thanks Rob, This was close enough to 7.3 to get me there.

Chris