Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Resetting AP 61 to factory default settings using a 800 mobility controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Resetting AP 61 to factory default settings using a 800 mobility controller

Posted Oct 20, 2014 04:23 PM

Hello, I got some old AP 60/61/70 from a demo kit and I want to Reset so I can add them to may network, using the Mobility controller 800

• 2.  RE: Resetting AP 61 to factory default settings using a 800 mobility controller

Posted Oct 20, 2014 04:51 PM
    Console into the AP and stop it from booting. Then type purge -> enter -> save -> enter -> boot -> enter.

• 3.  RE: Resetting AP 61 to factory default settings using a 800 mobility controller

Posted Oct 20, 2014 05:00 PM

Not so easy. For 61/65/70 you have to use serial-over-ethernet. You can DIY cable (or have one from ARUN). You can enable soe in your config and then connect to the console output telnetting to the controller. It is really ancient - ARUN discontinued it many years ago. Anyway look for SOE or SPOE at forum. 

HTH,

Marek 

• 4.  RE: Resetting AP 61 to factory default settings using a 800 mobility controller

Posted Oct 20, 2014 05:05 PM

I think you can Telnet SOE with 800.  Here is my note for 2400:

Telnet SOE to AP

telnet <controller-ip> 2300 (must allow soe in config telnet soe)

soe> connect 1/0 (AP is in controller 1 port 0)

reboot ap and hit enter within 3 second to get to rom monitor

purge, save, boot will set AP to factory default, or you can set static IP address:

apboot> setenv ipaddr <ip add of ap>

apboot> setenv netmask

apboot> setenv gatewayip

apboot> setenv master <ip of master>

apboot> setenv serverip (usually ip of master)

apboot> printenv (or print)

save

boot