Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Rest of the World Controllers and UAPs

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Rest of the World Controllers and UAPs

Posted Nov 29, 2017 10:55 AM

If I am looking to implement a new Rest of the World controller do I also need to ensure that the APs (assuming I'm using the 303H and 315) are RW as well?  Before the Unified AP program, I only needed to worry about that if I was working with IAPs as the regulatory domain configs for my Campus APs were controlled by the controller.  If my UAP is going to be a CAP and the controller is RW, will the AP take on the regulatory domain of the controller when they associate or do I absolutely have to order them as Rest of the World APs to start with?

• 2.  RE: Rest of the World Controllers and UAPs
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:21 PM

Functionally, there's no issue. Regardless of the regulatory version of the UAPs, the controller will define the regulatory behavior, and ignore the UAP variant.

However, when ordering equipment for a customer in (for example) the US, any -RW SKU will require going through an escalation/exception process.

• 3.  RE: Rest of the World Controllers and UAPs

Posted Nov 29, 2017 03:59 PM

Thanks.  That's what I figured but I wanted to make sure.