Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Restarting all TX

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Restarting all TX

Posted Dec 10, 2013 06:24 AM

Hi,

I am trying to understand exactly what sort of conclusions I can draw from these errors in the show log all output -

output 1-

KERNEL(  -- RAPDevice -- ): RESTARTING ALL TX

Is this an event on the controller or is this a report from the RAP of an event on the RAP?

output 2-

stm[1603]: PAPI_Send: sendto Authentication Server Low Priority failed: Connection refused Message Code 0 Sequence Num is 63595

aaa[1574]: PAPI_Send: sendto Authentication failed: Resource temporarily unavailable Message Code 11000 Sequence Num is 139

authmgr[20818]: PAPI_Send: sendto STM failed: Resource temporarily unavailable Message Code 0 Sequence Num is 31336

publisher[1570]: PAPI_Send: sendto STM failed: Resource temporarily unavailable Message Code 0 Sequence Num is 39359

Any advice would be appreciated

• 2.  RE: Restarting all TX

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 10, 2013 06:39 AM

- What version of Code is this?

The short version is that there is a problem with transmitting and you should get TAC to evaluate it.  They will either tell you that there is a hardware issue or prompt you to upgrade...either way, TAC needs to look at this.

• 3.  RE: Restarting all TX

Posted Dec 10, 2013 07:39 AM

I'm just trying to understand for my self what this means or what conclusions I can draw from the two different scenarios. I am not able to raise a TAC case for every issue that comes up - its after the fact anyway.

• 4.  RE: Restarting all TX

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 10, 2013 07:44 AM

@matt Finnie wrote:

I'm just trying to understand for my self what this means or what conclusions I can draw from the two different scenarios. I am not able to raise a TAC case for every issue that comes up - its after the fact anyway.

The message by itself does not point to anything specific.  There are NO conclusions that you can draw from that message.  Much more information is needed to determine what is happening here and if it is a problem.  It is a generic interface reset message on the face of it.  We will probably not be able to give you instructions to collect the information needed to determine if there is an issue on this forum, hence the advice to call tac.  If it is just a single message, I say ignore it.  If it comes up again, open a TAC case.

• 5.  RE: Restarting all TX

Posted Dec 10, 2013 08:08 AM

I appreciate that we may not be able to ascertian what the reason is - but which device is generating the message.

Does this apply for both outputs - they were taken from different controllers, dates etc.

• 6.  RE: Restarting all TX

Posted Dec 13, 2013 03:56 AM

To answer an earlier question - this is happening on version 6.1.3.x

• 7.  RE: Restarting all TX

Posted Dec 24, 2013 03:44 AM

Still trying to find out what device is generating the error messages - anybody any suggestions?

• 8.  RE: Restarting all TX

Posted May 11, 2015 05:24 AM

Hi,

Any one can help understand whats the cause of this massage?

"KERNEL(ap name @ ip address): RESTARTING ALL TX"

Then the AP goes down.

Controller model 7220, AOS 6.3.1.5

Thanks,

Akram.

• 9.  RE: Restarting all TX

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 11, 2015 06:41 AM

"show log system 50" should give you more information about that access point.  That message just means that the radio is restarting, but it is generic.

• 10.  RE: Restarting all TX

Posted Dec 13, 2013 04:28 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi, I have a same issue with AP-105 and AP-135 which are configured as Remote AP (I tested only on this two models) Aruba-controller: 7220, AOS:6.3.1.1