Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Rogue AP. Disconnect Client

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Rogue AP. Disconnect Client

Posted Jul 26, 2016 04:13 AM

Hello.

For example, i have a Wireless infrastructure. Some Rogue APs has been detected. My "legal" client connects to Rogue AP. Is it possible to disconnect him? If yes, how this feature names?

Thx.

• 2.  RE: Rogue AP. Disconnect Client
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 04:21 AM

Do you mean manually disconnect the user or automatically disconnect them?  Please read the chapter here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_WIP/New_WIP.htm%3FTocPath%3DWireless%2520Intrusion%2520Detection%7C_____0 to fully understand your options.

• 3.  RE: Rogue AP. Disconnect Client

Posted Jul 26, 2016 04:33 AM

• 4.  RE: Rogue AP. Disconnect Client

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 05:15 AM

If a client device has connected to the controller using encryption, the device will be marked as a valid station, and it is assumed that it is one of your devices.  Protect Valid Station could prevent those clients from associating to any other access points besides yours, when they are within range of your wifi.  To see the clients in the Valid Station list, type "

show wms client list | include valid 

• 5.  RE: Rogue AP. Disconnect Client

Posted Jul 26, 2016 05:26 AM

Assume, that i have a guest client and he comes in to my building 1st time and try to connect to Rogue AP. Is it possible to manually activate de-association process for this client?

• 6.  RE: Rogue AP. Disconnect Client
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2016 05:29 AM

I would only do that with your own clients.  The FCC in the United States has ruled that there is a limit to what IDS functions you can do to clients that are not your own.  It is a very murky legal situation, so I would not do anything to any clients outside of your own.  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/The-FCC-has-clarified-their-stance-on-wireless-containment-but/m-p/226342#M46143