Wireless Access

New Contributor

Rogue AP. Disconnect Client

Hello.

For example, i have a Wireless infrastructure. Some Rogue APs has been detected. My "legal" client connects to Rogue AP. Is it possible to disconnect him? If yes, how this feature names?

Thx.

Guru Elite

Re: Rogue AP. Disconnect Client

Do you mean manually disconnect the user or automatically disconnect them?  Please read the chapter here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_WIP/New_WIP.htm%3FTocPath%3DWireless%2520Intrusion%2520Detection%7C_____0 to fully understand your options.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Guru Elite

If a client device has connected to the controller using encryption, the device will be marked as a valid station, and it is assumed that it is one of your devices.  Protect Valid Station could prevent those clients from associating to any other access points besides yours, when they are within range of your wifi.  To see the clients in the Valid Station list, type "

show wms client list | include valid 

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Assume, that i have a guest client and he comes in to my building 1st time and try to connect to Rogue AP. Is it possible to manually activate de-association process for this client?

Guru Elite

I would only do that with your own clients.  The FCC in the United States has ruled that there is a limit to what IDS functions you can do to clients that are not your own.  It is a very murky legal situation, so I would not do anything to any clients outside of your own.  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/The-FCC-has-clarified-their-stance-on-wireless-containment-but/m-p/226342#M46143

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: