Wireless Access

Contributor II

Rogue Detection on Aruba Controller

Is there anything other involved other than just enabling it under IDS/IPS on the Aruba controller?  If just want the alerts don't want to contain so if I uncheck the contain and contain suspected I should get the alerts correct?

Currently I'm trunking all the VLAN's between the WLC and Switch.  But I guess I will be setting up some as trusted and some as untrusted later on.

Guru Elite

Re: Rogue Detection on Aruba Controller

By default, detection is on.  Containment is NOT on by default. 

Please see the chapter here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6.4.4.x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_WIP/Rogue_AP_Detection.htm?Highlight=rogue

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Cool thank you.  Good info, looks like advanced features require RFProtect license. 

1- If I have two masters active/standby I'm assuming I'll just need the license on one?

2- Can rogue alerts be configured to sent via email ?  Will HP IMC work?

Guru Elite

1.  You can use centralized licensing for master/backup master topology.

2.  The controller cannot send emails for alerts.  I am not sure if IMC would be able to send emails in that context, but Airwave can send emails.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: