Wireless Access

Super Contributor II

Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

Hi guys,

If I check in the RAPIDS tab in AirWave I can see a lot of rogue APs, suspected rogues, suspected neighbors and so on, based on the default rules configured in AirWave. However, all these are customer legitimate APs from other vendors that are installed around the campus, so I can ignore them. And I think this happens in most cases. Do you know some practical cases or examples where this classification of APs have to be taken into account?

Regards,

Julián

Guru Elite

Re: Rogue, suspected rogue, neighbor, valid and so on

Have you read the chapter "Using RAPIDS and Rogue Classification" in the Airwave documentation?  If not, please do, because it will give you an explanation of the purpose of the airwave rules...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

HI Colin,

I have similar issue on this ticket. I have not idea what is Rogue mean ? and how how do we fix it and 

Will if effect our user experiecen

Guru Elite

Borey,

It could mean different things, depending on how it is used.  By default, nothing is done.  Did you read the Airwave Chapter on IDS in the documentation?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Can you provide the document link?

--

Regards,

Borey Chum

Managing Director

Luxury Machine Co., Ltd.

#616, St. Tepvong, Mondoul II Village,
Svay Dangkom, Siem Reap,
Kingdom of Cambodia

Tel/Fax: (855-63) 969 877

www.luxurymachine.com
Guru Elite

Home> Documentation> Rapids on the Airwave Server.  By default, all observed foreign WLANs are recorded in the Rogue number.  You can set rules to change that.  If you do nothing, it will not affect your network.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: