Wireless Access

cdj
Contributor I

Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

[ Edited ]

For my project I just change the controller ip address and default-gateway.I configured a new ap-system profile and vrrp (same address for both), the problem I'm having is when I console into the ap it show the statically assigned address but when looking for the master it comes back as Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

I configured the ap-system profile and vrrp as the aruba-master DNS entry.

Guru Elite

Re: Running ADP...Done. Master is 0.0.0.0

You have the AP statically assigned.  Do you have the master and serverip also statically configured?  Do you have a DNS server configured statically, as well?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Can you do a printenv ?

Can you ping the master IP address from the AP console ?

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
cdj
Contributor I

Yes, I statically assigned the ip of the ap in our DDI database. I'm running 3.4.5.1 even though we dont have true vrrp configuration, I configure the vip & lms-ip the same address (ex:.4) which is the DNS entry for aruba-master. The controllers ip are (ex: .2 & .3 ).

cdj
Contributor I

Yes I can ping both controllers ips (ex: 2. & 3) also the lms-ip & vip (same address ex:.4 which is the dns entry for aruba-master)

should i make one of the controllers ip be the aruba-master?

I forgot to mention that the ap reboots everytime it does not find the "aruba-master"

Guru Elite

Quite frankly, you are probably a victim of changing too many things at one time.

- Is the access point statically addressed, or does it just have a DHCP reservation?

- How did it find the controller before?  DHCP, DNS?  It should be able to find it using the same mechanism

- If you can't figure it out, you should revert your changes and make changes one, by one, instead.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: