Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

S2500/35500 firmware upgrade (new question)

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  S2500/35500 firmware upgrade (new question)

Posted Dec 22, 2014 03:52 PM

I'm uploading new firmware to the switch stacks and after three of the wiring closets completed successfully I started to see the message: 'Image upgrade to few member(s) timedout'. I'm using the web UI to do this upgrade and not re-booting (will do that next week when staff and students are out). It appears in the web UI that the partition I upgraded does show the new firmware version, but that message makes it sound like it didn't fully load the image.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: S2500/35500 firmware upgrade (new question)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2014 10:35 AM

jkoelker,

How many stacks are you seeing this message on? Can you confirm that they are running 7.3.0.1 like you had in your previous post? There was an issue in previous releases which we addressed in 7.2.2.2 but you would have other symptoms like being unable to save the configuration on the switch.

Just to verify, can you login to the CLI and issue "show image version member all". That output will give you a breakdown of the two software packages on each switch. If each member shows "**Default boot**" next to the new image you uploaded via the GUI you should be fine because as I recall with the previous bug, the image wouldn't appear at all. 

Time permiting, can you re-upload the image via the GUI a second time overwriting the partition you previously upgraded and see if the message returns again?

Best regards,

Madani

• 3.  RE: S2500/35500 firmware upgrade (new question)

Posted Dec 23, 2014 10:49 AM

Hi, Madani - So far I have seen this on six switch stacks. I have three more stacks and one standalone yet to do. I have seen it succeed on two stacks and one standalone. All are running 7.3.0.1. When I run 'show image version member all' in the CLI, it indicates that the boot partition has changed to the one with the new firmware - my concern is that the image file may not have completely transferred and would therefore cause a problem (like the switch not booting, for example). I'll try the re-upload and see what happens.

• 4.  RE: S2500/35500 firmware upgrade (new question)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 23, 2014 11:19 AM

Can you download the logs for one of the six switch stacks. Be sure to check the box that says "Include technical support information". You can private message me the file and I can look it over.

Best regards,

Madani